Characteristics and life of Super capacitor
513 Published by baiila at November 14,2019
The farad capacitor is mainly composed of polarization electrode, collector, electrolyte, diaphragm, lead and packaging material.Electrode material, electrolyte composition, diaphragm quality and electrode manufacturing technology have a decisive influence on the performance of farad capacitor.
Characteristics of super capacitors
- fast charging speed, charging for 10 seconds ~ 10 minutes can reach more than 95% of its rated capacity;
- long cycle life, the number of times of deep charge and discharge cycle can reach up to 10,000 to 500,000 times, no "memory effect", and no problem of excessive discharge;
- high-current discharge capacity, high energy conversion efficiency, small process loss, high-curren energy cycle efficiency ≥90% ;
- the power density is relatively low, about 300W/KG~5000W/KG, which is only 1/5~1/10 of that of lithium battery.
- the raw material composition, production, use, storage and disassembly of the product have no pollution and are ideal green and environment-friendly power sources;
- the charging circuit is simple, without the charging circuit like the charging battery, and the long-term use is maintenance-free;
- excellent ultra-low temperature characteristics, with a wide temperature range of -40℃ ~ +70℃;
- easy to detect, the remaining power can be read directly;
- the capacity range is usually 0.01f --1000F, and the pressure resistance is often low (several volts to more than 10 volts, and only 20 volts have been developed).Ultracapacitors can be made into ultracapacitor modules for high capacity requirements.
- Disadvantages :(1) the current voltage resistance of ultracapacitors is not high.(2) after all, ultracapacitor is not a battery, and there is a problem that voltage drops gradually with discharge, so more complex output circuit is needed.The power density of ultracapacitor is dozens of times more than that of ordinary lithium battery, and the charging circuit requirements are not high, saving charging and discharging time.Ultracapacitors have been charged and discharged more than 500,000 times. If they are charged and discharged 20 times a day, they can last for 68 years.Long service life.In addition, ultracapacitors can be grouped in series to increase storage capacity.